Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 28, 2020

In Latest Update, FTB Adds Dataminer To Their Launcher .

 On November 27th, Feed The Beast ( creator of many MineCraft mod packs ) released a mandatory update that ties their custom launcher to a program called "Overwolf" .

 This new update REQUIRES Overwolf to be installed and running on the computer in order to launch and play modded MineCraft. Their new launcher has targeted video ads that are datamined from the computer's hard drive .

 Overwolf does not say exactly what information they steal and sell, but from my personal experience with the new FTB launcher, they have somehow found and served ads based on my Google Chrome's history & bookmarks, my documents folder, my games libraries, and my recently opened files .

 What really p###ed me off was receiving ads based on my PRIVATE MEDICAL DOCUMENTS, which is illegal in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment