Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 14, 2021

USPS Raises Rates in 2021 Hurting Small Business And Sellers

It's January 2021, and USPS has released their annual prices increases .  It's already bad enough the US literally has the highest shipping rates in the world ( I'm not joking ), however, it seems like USPS has taken it upon itself to crush US small business and sellers.
 I've been selling online since before Ebay was a 'thing', in the days of Yahoo Auctions and BBS sales.  Back than it was relatively inexpensive to ship items anywhere in the US. Nowadays it's ungodly expensive to ship anything unless you have a bulk shipping discount, which small business and sellers do not qualify for.
 I'm not kidding when I say it's cheaper to ship items from anywhere in China to anywhere in the United States, than it is to ship the exact same item to your next door neighbor.  I have yet to import items from any modernized country at a higher shipping rate, than it cost me to ship the same items in the same zip code.

No comments:

Post a Comment