Lets see what it would look like of the US government spending was equated to a normal every day family .....
Uncle Sam would have:
* Annual income: $21,700
* Money spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Here are the actual numbers - all I did was shave off some zeros for the example above.
*Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000